Apilarnil References / Apilarnil Abstracts / Apilarnil Articles / Apilarnil Books
“Apilarnil” is another very important natural product obtained from the bee colony.
The discoverer was a very famous Romanian beekeeper, Mr. Nicolae Iliesiu.
The word “Apilarnil” comes from:
- API = the bee’s Latin name
- LAR = larvae
- N = the first letter from the inventor’s first name (Nicolae)
- IL = the first two letters from the inventor’s family (last) name (ILIESIU).
This product is obtained from the whole content of 7-8 days old drone larvae comb cells.
These comb cells contains:
- Drone larvae (6-7 days old);
- Specific nutrients for these larvae (larval food, honey, bee bread);
- Traces of propolis etc.
From this “composition” we can conclude that Apilarnil can be referred to as the “male” side of royal jelly.